Pharmaceutical executives must build a strong sales force by building a bridge to a strong and lasting relationship with doctors, advise industry experts.
“U.S. pharma companies’ field forces have swelled to more than 80,000 reps — a 31 percent jump in the last two years alone — yet doctors’ available time is fixed or shrinking,” advises a report from Pharmaceutical Executive magazine.
Responding to a national study, doctors revealed a wish list of information pharmaceutical executives should address in training a viable sales force:
- More balanced information
- More clinical comparisons
- Surveys what others in the medical community think
- Information on new clinical data, formulary updates, new uses for products, etc.
- Access to journal articles, unbiased educational opportunities
- Patient discounts for medications through coupons, discounts cards, or indigent programs
- Continuing medical education